- 1 Fences made of stone with their hands
- 2 Fences made of stone with their hands
- 3 Beautiful stone fences: photo ideas for the realization of
Fences made of stone with their hands
To date, the designers use a variety of materials and combinations thereof, as well as for the construction of the fence technology. One of the strongest is a gem. It will last a long time and will reliably protect property from unauthorized intrusion. In most cases engaged in the erection of professional builders. But if you have time, you can build a fence made of stone with their hands. To do this you must take into account the advice of experts, as well as follow the provided in this article step by step instructions.
Features stone, and its basic types
Stone fence used for a long time. Even in ancient times people have used it to protect their homes. In modern construction and landscape design of natural materials are very popular. A wide variety of natural and artificial stone can lead you to confusion. It is important to choose the right kind of stone that will emphasize conceived style and direction.
Varieties of natural stones quite a lot. can distinguish among them some of the most popular:
- Cobblestone (boulders). It is quite common and affordable option. Despite its simplicity, it is one of the most durable stones. Basically cobblestone is gray, which is not to everyone's taste. But you can buy cobblestone red-brown color.
- Gravel. No less popular material. Thanks to the various factions can create a barrier of any shape. Many combine large and small gravel. The latter option is suitable for filling the iron frame. Often it is combined with a brick to make a strong fence.
- Dolomite stone. It has a flat shape, different sizes and thickness. It is obtained in the mountain quarries. Due to the high quality of a fence made of natural stone will not only be attractive but also durable.
- Limestone. This stone is divided into several types, namely - coquina, marble-like, of different kinds of. Due to its soft limestone it is very easy to process. That is why this option is selected, many newcomers who decided to experiment with his fence. The only disadvantage is the absorption of moisture. To prevent the destruction of limestone pretreated hydrophobizator.
- Sandstone. For many years, the sandstone used for the construction of fences on sections. Among the advantages we can distinguish high strength, frost resistance and moisture resistance.
- Booth. Extract it from the sandstone, limestone and dolomite. This stone has an irregular shape. The length of the rib may be 15 to 50 cm. It can be used not only for building but also for facing the fence.
No less popular in recent years is a variant of a fence made of artificial stone. Its cost will be several times less than natural stone. In most cases, for its production using concrete, into which is added the pigments. The resulting products are difficult to distinguish from natural stone.
Before making a choice, it is necessary to examine the state of groundwater, the neighborhood, as well as take into account the atmospheric influence.
Advantages and disadvantages of the fence made of stone
Before construction of the experts advise to get acquainted with all the positive sides of the fence made of natural stone. Main advantages:
- life is not less than half a century, and at the right quality and laying even greater;
- because the stone is a natural material, so - it is completely harmless and safe;
- a large range of prices that vary on the type of stone and its fractions;
- increased fire safety;
- easy installation (with all the work you can handle alone);
- harmoniously aesthetic properties of the stone will fit into any landscape;
- possibility of combining different materials.
Despite the presence of a large list of positives, fencing, made of stone, has several drawbacks:
- high price (prices for some of the material is very high);
- to ensure the strength of the assembly is required foundation.
If you do the work on the construction of a fence made of stone with their hands, you can significantly reduce costs.
There are a variety of fences made of stone, the following are some combination of stone and other materials:
- Wood and stone - is a unique combination thanks to which you can get a harmonious section of fencing. A complex process that requires special attention, as well as special skills and preliminary development.
- Stone on the grid. Among the latest design know-how gained great popularity gabions (from French means "stones in the grids"). The basis for the fence will become a thick mesh of metallic wire, which is filled with gravel shallow and middle fraction. In addition, you can use the remnants of building materials (bricks, gravel, stone). The shape of the fence can be any - it all depends on the planned design. The result is a high strength fence.
- Stone and brick. The most common combination of materials. At the foundation of the filled bricks spread several rows and columns to the base. In the resulting spans between the pillars laid stone. This combination allows you to create presentable fence. High strength, endurance, to sudden changes of temperature stability and precipitation makes it popular.
If you decide to make a fence gabions, you can, in addition to use live plants twine. This solution looks very original.
Stages of construction works
If you do not know how to make a fence made of stone with their hands, you can become familiar with the following technologies:
- Fill strip foundation. It should be noted that it may be performed in two basic ways: concrete, crushed stone and mortar. Sure, the technology with Booth, it will be easier, but this foundation is not very reliable. Therefore it is better to use concrete, which due to aging will be strong in a few months. The next stage is necessary only after complete drying of the base.
- Waterproofing. Particular attention is paid to the foundation waterproofing, which is carried out in 2 phases. First you need to perform before pouring the concrete by means of roofing material. They carpet the two walls and the bottom. The second step is performed after the complete drying of the foundation. The same roofing material is laid over the prepared area. Due to the waterproofing of the ground water does not get inside the structure and begins to destroy it.
- Masonry stone. The basic process is the laying of the stone. The main and quite time-consuming process - is the selection stones by size and shape. If necessary, cut the stones, but it will require much time and effort. The technology is completely dependent on the type of stone. For example, for the sandstone and processed kibble technology can be used brick masonry. When choosing a stone quarry should consider installing formwork technology. The first step is to bring the pillars that should be broader than the span.
- Treatment of joints. Once the fence is completely erected, you can proceed to the sealing of all joints. If you skip this important point, the appeal of the fence will be lost. For very deep joints, it is necessary to use an additional solution. With a large contaminated stones must be cleaned with a brush the excess metal. With some types of stones to be removed yet uncured solution.
Decorative finishing fence crushed granite
Sometimes it becomes necessary to change the appearance or design of the fence. Changing landscape, the presence of flaws or a large number of irregularities. In this case, perfect crushed granite, which can refresh the fence.
To perform the work necessary to put the facade primer. After complete drying it uses a special glue or cement mix to which is added a plasticizer. On the prepared surface tightly secured crushed granite. Do not forget about the grouting, and at the end rub the surface.
For decorative finishes, stone fence can use different combinations of flat materials and structural plaster.
Construction fence of any kind of stone - it is a time-consuming process. But the result will please everyone. Invested work, time and costs will be repaid received wonderful and original views, and a high fence. It will serve the owners for many years without losing its appeal.
Learn from the provided video about the features of the manufacture of a fence made of stone:
Below is a series of photos, which you can see the different versions of the fence made of stone:
Openwork fence made of stone
An interesting variant
With stone powder coated
Made of stone
With trim crushed granite
Made of artificial stone
Fences made of stone with their hands
"My home is my castle!". However, to fully realize the literate saying, should think seriously about fencing - reliable, safe and aesthetically beautiful. How to choose the building material and construction technology of the construction - the first thing you need to decide to put a maximum of creative ingenuity and skill.
It is important to remember, "everything is new - is well forgotten old". Hundreds of centuries ago our ancestors knew exactly how to build a light-hearted and at the same time durable fence. It fragments of stone walls have survived to our time, demonstrating its excellent stability characteristics. And all because of the stone - a naturally occurring material, the reliability of which is time-tested. But back to the main. How to build a fence made of stone with their hands?
The technology of construction of the stone fence provides:
- holding a fence marking;
- laying the foundation;
- the construction of the fence fabric.
Before you begin construction of the fence, the first thing worth making markup that includes the creation of a preliminary drawing-plan designation of the length and height of the fence, not forgetting the gate and the gates, and after the break to dig trenches for the foundation. Keep in mind that natural stone is quite sturdy and heavy construction materials, so the foundation must be designed for the appropriate load to ensure the strength and reliability of the design.
As shown in the picture, for the construction of a fence made of stone with their hands enough to stick to 35-40 cm and the width of the trench 70 cm deep. When erecting the fence height of more than 2 meters it is recommended to increase the depth of the trench 10 cm from each meter fence. To avoid occurrence of cracks in the foundation trench bottom is waking gravel or sand 3-5 cm in thickness and lay the frame of the valve. Installing formwork, start filling solution.
Masonry fence made of stone with their hands
After about 10 days, it is necessary to begin the construction of shuttering for the support pillars, and then it is installed on a foundation with fixing grillage and produced the following step - laying.
For the construction of a stone wall with their hands, use of cement mortar with sand in the ratio 1: 3. For the purpose of aesthetic decoration can use the brown pigment: 10 buckets of cement mortar applied 4 table spoons pigment.
Implementation is accomplished by installing laying flat side rocks outward, tightly fitting to each other and form corrective hammer. Void in masonry filled with sand and cement mortar. Attention is drawn to the mixture is not directed at the stone surface itself, and if this happens, wait until dry and clean using a special wire brush. In no case can not use water, as it can with a solution to get inside the stone and change the color of the natural color of stone boulders.
Based on the fact that the speed of erection of a stone wall specialists is about 35 days for the 100 meters, it is necessary to call to his aid of several assistants to brickwork was not subject to solidification. In the event of termination of a laying of any coercive circumstances stands before working sprinkle it with water.
Technology of masonry fence made of stone with their hands, you can look at the video again visually bring a focus on the key aspects of the construction process.
When you have finished all the work on the construction of fences and cleaning of stone, you can proceed to the external design of the fence and grouting using narrow spatula.
Beautiful stone fences: photo ideas for the realization of
If you have always believed that design and style are important only for interiors and buildings, then you are deeply mistaken. The appearance of your suburban area is not less important than the design of a country cottage garden, inside and out. Just looking at the photo of stone fences, you will realize that these stylish and beautiful design are not just protections, and business sections of cards, and even their "flavor". Carefully read this material and examining photos of stylish, variety of protections from various natural and man-made materials, you will surely realize how important it is to choose your ideal fence that will serve not only as a protective structure, but also the decoration of the site!
Fences - the diversity of species
Robust enclosure can decorate the site to draw attention to it, and may, on the contrary, simply to hide private property away from prying eyes, street dirt and uninvited guests.
A fence made of natural stone
Virtually any stone can be called the material durable, low-maintenance, durable and visually appealing, this makes it virtually impregnable fence construction. However, it is recognized that the fence design will not shine diversity. Their appearance depends on five factors: the form of stones, their size, color of boulders, the method by which they are placed, as well as from the fence-style (it can be continuous, combined, combine stone and forging, metal or wooden fence and etc).
Fence made of brick or boulders difficult to create a delicate, but it is quite possible, if desired, a stylized very different eras, architectural styles, such as ancient Greek, Oriental, European. Examples of these, you can also see in the photos presented here.
Stone walls can be very different heights, but, as a rule, a minimum height of such protections is the height of one and a half meters. It is this height effectively protects and insulates as effectively from the outside world. The maximum height of the stone "giants" can even reach three or four meters, but the most common fence height of two, two and a half meters. These perform absolutely all of its functions as effectively as their very high "brothers."
Types of fencing on the type of masonry
There are three main types of stone masonry: plank, plank improved, as well as "wild" rubble:
- The first is considered normal, traditional, for it is necessary to take the boulders just the right shape, the surface must be either completely smooth or chipped.
- Laying plank involves the use of advanced stones which have been treated better than the previous type of masonry. That is, their form must be perfect, and the surface - very smooth.
- Masonry "wild" rubble made from all natural stones, even those who have very irregular shape and not an ideal surface.
Types of fencing by the method of construction
The concrete foundation belt type required for any stone structure, but posts and socket do at will, these elements are necessary to strengthen the structure and give it solidity and solidity. In this section, located between the stone columns can be filled not only with stones or bricks, but also a variety of materials - floorings, polycarbonate, wood, and even forged metal. Selecting an inexpensive material such as corrugated or polycarbonate, can save considerably.
In addition to fences, created entirely of stone, modern experts just highly recommended to consider the fence with a mixed structure. A striking example of this - a harmonious combination of forged elements and cap and columns of stone, natural or artificial. Lattice such fences are made of forging, which is securely attached to the columns of stone, on a loop. In this case the column can be made of brick, quarry-stone, granite and any other stone.
Types of fences, stone-defined views
Building properties and appearance of the stones, which are used to build fences, just make it possible to construct a wide variety of designs:
- dolomite stone initially quite flat, simply choose the desired thickness, it is easy to create the desired shape - all this gives ample opportunities in terms of fencing design;
- Granite is very hard and quite expensive for the fences is seldom used, is another of his negative - on a rough surface is easily accumulate dirt;
- limestone easier to operate, but he is afraid of water, in order to prevent its destruction because of it, the stone is treated with a special solution, these same characteristics also apply to the sandstone;
- widely used and ancient building material coquina, it is porous and soft, but durable, perfectly withstand frost and moisture.
Depending on the overall style hewn stone portion is selected coarsely crushed or chipped medium. Today it is possible to meet and barriers, which are combined harmoniously stones with different surface and stones of different sizes, shades. Interestingly combination looks smooth and even masonry created using the piece, polished stone, masonry and of the rough stone with natural irregularities. Finishing stone fences also provides ample opportunities.